The Electronic Edition
The entire Shenandoah Harmony is available as a hyperlinked PDF for $12 or the equivalent in your currency. The eBook has a fuller bibliography and 35 additional pages of indices:
- Index of Composers and Arrangers (with songs titles)
- Source Index (with bibliographic information, song titles, and page numbers in the source)
- Chronological Index of Songs
- Index of Texts, by Author
- Metrical Index
- Index of Fugue Entrances
- Index of Choruses
- Two- and Three-Part Songs
You may install your eBook on any device belonging to you and store it “in the cloud” in your private accounts. If you are not sure whether the eBook will work on your device, please download the free demo edition and try it out HERE. Directions are HERE.
To purchase an eBook, please fill out THIS FORM and then pay for your book either via PayPal or by sending a check for $12 made out to the Shenandoah Harmony Publishing Company, 2336 Salem Church Road Boyce, Virginia 23223.
Shenandoah Harmony electronic edition
EBooks are individually customized. Please allow three days for us to process your order after we have received your payment. We will deliver via Google drive file sharing unless you prefer another method.
Please note: All proceeds from the sales of The Shenandoah Harmony are being used to subsidize travel to workshops and singings, to compensate contributors for their time and expenses, and to fund future publications. Illegal sharing of the electronic book will limit the ability of the publishing company to continue these projects.
- We recommend using Adobe Reader or any PDF Reader that allows you to type in a page number and follow hyperlinks.
- All blue text is hyperlinked. On a touch screen, you may have to magnify the page to get the hyperlinks to work. On most pages, clicking on the page number takes you to the Table of Contents.
- You can navigate to a song either by entering its page number directly (if your viewer permits) or through the indices, by following the hyperlinks to the song’s page. Depending on the size of your device’s screen, you may have to magnify the page or use a stylus to make the links work, as they are small.
- Most PDF readers have a feature that shows bookmarks for the file and these also take you to the various indices.
- You may also add your own comments and bookmarks to the eBook – for example, bookmarking titles of songs you like – if you have a PDF reader that allows this.
- Shape-note music has some features that may be unfamiliar if you have not attended a shape-note singing. In particular, the melody is in the tenor line, not the top line of the staff. You can read more in the section “How to Sing from This Book.”